We've started catching up on all the shows we missed or got behind on in the fall (and last spring after Sean left). My favorite new one is The Mindy Project, by Mindy Kaling, Indian gal from The Office, who also wrote that book "Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (and other concerns)". Please pull up an episode on hulu.com or on demand or whatever else people are using these days. Perhaps the funniest scene in modern television is the beginning of the episode "Danny Castaleno is my gynecologist", something like that. I'm so helpful and specific, I suppose someone else would find a way to embed the exact scene in a blog post. But now what fun would that be for you? Don't you love the hunt? Anyway, it starts off with Mindy trying to look sexy in her boyfriend's oxford shirt after spending the night.
In Pawnee Circle news, Patrick was sick again last night and thus I missed both kid-free days this week. The next two Fridays there is no preschool and the next two Mondays there is no Catholic school. I find this cruel. I also found way too much to keep me busy around the house today, to the point where I am wondering how I can justify ever going to the gym on my kid-free days. Clearly I should be productive at home or else fall way behind. Today I cleaned my car out which was horrifying and also a trip down memory lane. I'm trying to pinpoint what emotion results from finding snacks in your car that you don't remember even buying. Patrick got involved too... had him scrub the floor mats out in the driveway and since it was 65 degrees and sunny, he used the hose to rinse. And then he got himself all wet and asked to go put his swimsuit on.... I almost gave in until I spied the piles of snow around us. I feel that would make me look like a bad mom. Of course Megan thinks I am the worst mom because I am not helping her enough with her crazy math homework. Hello, glass of wine right here after a long day (Sean working a shift now), pretty sure I don't want to think about that stuff and pretty sure she doesn't want my answers.
4 comments:
Someone recently posted on FB that they were having trouble helping their kid with homework because we never learned "Singapore Rounding Method". Either my public school sucked or they are inventing new things to teach that I need to fret about.
Go to the gym! The piles and mess can wait.
I think Singapore math is a recent addition to curriculums. Our public school uses it but I don't think the Catholic one does. Hmm, or maybe they do, I should pay more attention. I did drag myself to the gym today with Emily since she gets in the way of projects at home anyway. She is very opposed to anything involving throwing away toys.
Always have Gym time. Essential. Why do they keep changing math, all that matters is the answer, not that anyone does math anymore.
Tell Megan only older sisters can teach you math! I am almost done reading Mindy's book and have been whining to watch the show. I will just have to watch it on my own.
Post a Comment