Friday, February 8, 2013

One birthday?

Patrick and Emily have a long running debate about how many birthdays she has had.  She can't comprehend that she has had three birthdays and thus has to scream and cry back that she only has one birthday.  It is amazing how long they can carry on and this has been happening for months.  Every once in a while Patrick will bring up the topic to egg her on.  I'm at the stage where I have to laugh, otherwise I might go crazy.  Did I post about this a while ago? If so, that proves how crazy it already made me.

Speaking of go crazy or laugh, every time I go in the girls' room I think that we should move because it's just so awful and packed full.  Of course if I just cleaned it up that would save us a ton of money.  I tried to do that today.  The amount of toys and blankets and money bags they have in their beds is astonishing.  How anyone can sleep like that, I don't know.  Yes, I said bags of money.  How does Anna sleep at night?  On bags of money.

 How does tall Megan sleep in this nest???  Can we fit some more toys in there?
 The worst part is that I JUST cleaned this recently.  They also hate the cute quilts they have and instead want the fuzzy blankets that I put around the house on couches and chairs.  Such a great look.


 I hope they are embarrassed some day but I doubt it.


This is Anna's bag of money, keeps it under her blankets, down by her feet.  I'm sure this is to keep it from Patrick.  Meanwhile they have high shelves in their closets for that purpose...  Oh and be sure to notice the pencil markings on the wall.  I gave up, will just have to repaint someday in my free time.  It is worse on other walls and she has managed to hit almost every room in the house.  Move instead?

3 comments:

heather said...

It reminds me of the fights Jackson and Andrew would have about him being 4 1/2. Jackson would tell him he was 4 1/2 and Andrew would scream that he WAS NOT. That he was JUST FOUR. On and on and on. Thank the lord he turned five and we don't have to talk about it....until July when he turns 5 1/2.

Gonna text you a picture of the boys' room just so you can feel better. Somehow pink looks cuter even when it's messy.

H said...

I can't imagine what a room would look like if we had one with three girls in it at our house. Kate's is hideous, all clothes and stuffed animals flung everywhere. Giant pink clothes/animal explosion. Matthew's is bad too...only in a mad scientist/nature lover/scout/hoarder sort of way. Sam's is tolerable.
I love the hidden money bags. Smart girl!

Marjie said...

Your girls have great survival skills. Blizzard, no problem, hunker down in their nest. Hidden money, have a stash for that rainy day. And they are prepared for dorm life, they are already in a messy, crowded dorm. And they are building great sister memories. Pretty soon, you will want a 5 bedroom house. Just a warning.