Son of a Lewis Chick, of course he loves 'em! I will never understand the sorority mentality since there is no Greek system at ND. We were "randomly" assigned a (single sex!) dorm freshman year and most people stay in the same one at least 3 years, some of us who wanted the easy life of no commute and no cooking (no dishes!) stayed 4 years. Met most of my best friends in the dorm and it just occurred to me that almost all of them are lawyers now, who are no doubt too busy to read blogs. Special shout out to Julie O and Nora who are chasing little ones 24/7 like me... I know they sometimes get time to check this.
Anyway, back to the random assignments, Monica informed me recently that there is some formula to it and Lewis Hall is known as the poor dorm, hence all the ROTC and dining hall workers. Yeah, JJ Philbin was in the cool historic dorm in a prime location, not in Lewis off by the infirmary in the glorious architectural style known as 1960s Nunnery. We could see the back of Mary on the Dome, so we were also known as Mary's Butt Quad. Hmm, I don't suppose the administration liked that nickname. Anyway, somehow Tom Cruise's cousin ended up in our dorm which I only bring up because I am still baffled that Chris Mullins did not try to date her, what with his obsession with Tom Cruise. And trust me, she looks just like Tom if he was wearing a big red wig. I will let you jump to your own conclusions there, no need to be cruel in this blog just in case she is one of the 12 people reading it.
4 comments:
so when did she go there? really so much better to be in with the normal people.
Both JJ and Amy, Tom's cousin, were in my class.
So which one is the rich dorm?
Andrea
Walsh, not to be confused with the new one which is Walsh Family Dorm I think. It is on the God Quad, very cool with lots of different room combos, private bathrooms, etc. Lewis Hall, 300 women, 150 doubles, all communal bathrooms. Okay, I exaggerate, there were 3 triples, 12 singles and 4 quads and then the rest were doubles. Ugly, institutional style doubles. Oh and did I mention no A/C?! Yes, the dorms were either cool historical ones or nice modern ones... and then there was Lewis. Oh and for the men... Keenan and Stanford. Yep, the Keenans were too cheap to pony up for A/C for their dorm too!
Post a Comment