Why bother with toys when you can play with home decor?! Oh sure, there is a tiny bear on top of every pillow in the house (and perhaps some from Palmgren's? that looks like more pillows than I own), but truly, the kids enjoy playing with stuff like this most of all. Anyone who has seen my built-in bookcases in the basement has no doubt thought to themselves, "why, it appears that Julie just threw that junk up there, makes no sense at all". Well, you are right, I DID just throw it up there, about 3 minutes before guests walked through the door. I have to scavenge the house to find where the girls have stashed it all and then I just start shoving it wherever I can the fastest. Katie and Mark arrive late Thursday night and that is my favorite time to have guests arrive... hours after the kids have gone to bed so I can properly assemble the house before it is destroyed yet again....
Kansas is always mocked in the entertainment world and I'm afraid this blog isn't going to help.
Saturday, September 20, 2008
No need to buy toys
Why bother with toys when you can play with home decor?! Oh sure, there is a tiny bear on top of every pillow in the house (and perhaps some from Palmgren's? that looks like more pillows than I own), but truly, the kids enjoy playing with stuff like this most of all. Anyone who has seen my built-in bookcases in the basement has no doubt thought to themselves, "why, it appears that Julie just threw that junk up there, makes no sense at all". Well, you are right, I DID just throw it up there, about 3 minutes before guests walked through the door. I have to scavenge the house to find where the girls have stashed it all and then I just start shoving it wherever I can the fastest. Katie and Mark arrive late Thursday night and that is my favorite time to have guests arrive... hours after the kids have gone to bed so I can properly assemble the house before it is destroyed yet again....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
The girls are old enough that soon you can have them think that it is fun to decorate, a priviledge to make things pretty. A reward if you let them fix up the house when company is coming. Heaps of praise on their pretty heads. Why have elves if they don't work?
They already decorate, I just don't like how they do it. Would rather have them doing dishes and vacuuming...
Agreed-I like to decorate. Need the elves to do things like take out the garbage and do dishes.
so the secret is out to your clean house! bedtime!
you have to start with the fun stuff.
I fondly remember playing "TV" with a cardboard box and Andrea.
Post a Comment