I don't have that many great photos from the weekend yet, but it's still rather annoying that I can't post them, blogger. Anyway, we are enjoying having some rare guests to Kansas. We started off by going to the Konza Prairie so they could see grass taller than in the empty lot next to my house. I had only been there once before for a brief photo shoot and hadn't gone on the trails, so didn't realize how narrow the bridges are, i.e. can't take the stroller across them. We didn't make it that far carrying Patrick but Anna did manage to chase every moth and butterfly possible, finds the energy for that but then begs to be carried up the hill by Uncle Mark. She also snuck a moth into the van and released it while I was driving, nice.
We decided it was too hot to do much after that, besides have lunch at Coco-Bolos. High 80s is great in July, but in September it is miserable. We had the sitter come on Friday night this week so we took Katie and Mark to Harry's where a number of fools had brought their small children. We were thankful that we did not.
Saturday we continued the "live like a Kansan" theme and Sean took Katie and Mark to the K-State game. No sitter to be found so I stayed home with the kids and got to enjoy the ND game without angry fan. I gather it was a toasty game so I think I made a wise decision. The girls also had a party at the much improved after the tornado, Gymnastics Plus. Might I add that a lot of houses are looking better the second time around too. Of course we had to give Katie and Mark the tornado tour, I mean, it IS Kansas.
Not sure what we are doing for the Kansas finale today, I feel like perhaps we have done it all. Sean is requesting to watch the Bills game with Mark as by some weird alignment of the stars, they are both die hard fans. Who knew there were two of them still? And to marry sisters from Michigan, that is quite the coincidence. Looks like the girls are going to go bowling at K-State as Megan has another party today and we hope to just grab a nearby lane and hang out. We'll see how it compares to Wii bowling... Well, this has been a really lame post, sorry. Patrick is up really early these days so I am dragging.
2 comments:
Entertaining, not weird.
You are funnier than you know sister.
Your posts are always very interesting to me, and funny. And we love Kansas, it's just that it isn't San Antonio. The restaurants, HEB, Central Market, the bars, the bands, the malls, Hill Country. And no matter how boring you think Kansas is, just be thankful you don't live in Clare. Right now I am thinking of tactful ways to describe the Bikers Hospice Pig Roast fund raiser at the Moose on Saturday. My stomach is still upset. Yo Mamma
Post a Comment