Thursday, December 16, 2010

Cold weather routine

When I come in the house these days, I take my coat off, sit down and take my boots off, then put my slippers on and my long cardigan on and next thing I know I am singing about what a beautiful day it is in the neighborhood. What the hell? Of all the people I tried to avoiding growing up to be, it never occurred to me to put Mr. Rogers on the list. Sean wants to get Patrick a train table and set for Christmas but I can't go through that routine and then go play with a train or trolley. Bad enough that I am spending a lot of time talking to delivery men these days when they bring packages. Thank you, Mr. McFeely!

5 comments:

H said...

Just don't go hanging out in the neighborhood of make-believe.

Marjie said...

I loved Mr. Rogers, he liked me just the way I am. I always fell asleep on the couch when you were watching him, so peaceful.

Katie said...

That train table might just keep him occupied long enough for you to tell Emily a story... Ms. Rogers.

H said...

I happen to know their estate attorney quite well if you would like the hook-up!

julie said...

I hear that attorney is awesome! If only we had an estate...