Tuesday, December 21, 2010

A few house shots





Since 99% of our friends and family will never visit (and we totally understand) here are a few shots I took yesterday when the house was sort of clean. So hard to get good angles so you can get a feel for the space. Maybe Santa will bring me a wide angled lens? And a professional decorator?

The only project I have tackled so far was painting the girls' room pink (and it is extra pink now that I have a pink rug). That was the one concession we had to make with getting this house... all the girls have to share a room for now. I don't think a 3rd twin bed would fit in there so hopefully we can make the crib into a daybed when Emily starts climbing out because I don't think the big girls will be ready for basement bedroom living for quite a while. I guess Emily could move in with Patrick once she is big enough to defend herself though and he won't be so lonely. Hard being the only boy at times but really the reason he has his own room is because he tortures the girls with his extra energy, not merely because he is a boy. He desperately wanted the pink room too and kept telling everyone that it was his.

6 comments:

Heather said...

Love it! I especially love the little window and bench by Emily's crib. And the paint design in Patrick's room is really cute, too.
Kari's Dad's painting looks nice where you have it.

Caroline Taylor said...

Gorgeous! Is that a fireplace in your bedroom?! How cozy.

julie said...

The fireplaces downstairs have gas inserts but this one is wood burning. Not sure if we will ever use it but it's the perfect place to put the painting at least. Shelley painted the boy room like that for Conner and it is just perfect with Patrick's bedding, talk about lucky. Heather, you need to come see the whole house in person!

H said...

It looks beautiful Julie. You have officially inspired me to get my s&@! together!
Keep them coming...

Carrie (and Kevin!) Finnegan said...

I love it!!

Andrea said...

The pictures are great. We're too lazy to ever want a wood burning fire place. But it's gorgeous. The whole house looks great. I promise we will see it in person some day.