5 days ago Patrick asked his first, "why?". It officially began and will continue for years no doubt. I'm sure everyone is familiar with the why stage and yet blocks it from their mind. I had done that and upon hearing that very first "why?" I was hit with the realization that I have two more why stages to go through. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I at least have help this time and Megan answers many of his questions. She was complaining today, rather early in the stage I might add, and I just informed her that this is payback and she owes me. In general I am ignoring him unless it is worthy of an answer.
The "why?" question I have concerns the alarming amount of rocks and treasures the girls are bringing home from the school playground. Why do they do this? Are they digging a tunnel to escape? Will the school have to bring in more rocks soon? How much of a donation should I make to cover this thievery? And where should we store this haul of potential choking hazards? I told them to make a rock garden out by the tree house and I wonder how long it will take until this garden covers the whole hill. I did throw out the acorns that were included as one never forgets a maggot story and our friends who found a backpack full of old acorns and MAGGOTS in their house taught me a valuable lesson. Have to draw the line someplace.
No comments:
Post a Comment