Thursday, December 23, 2010

Decorating Dilemma



This is the ledge above the front door that I am trying to figure out what to do with, besides clean the dust and bugs off it. Patrick decided to help me out and put some Nerf bullets up there. I like it, just need a few more I think. Unfortunately his gun is only a 6 shooter and he is out of bullets now. He also has no more gun after he held it to Emily's head while I was holding her. Hmm, do you think there is any sibling resentment or jealousy? I never planned on even getting him a gun except a major fit was brewing at the grocery store yesterday when he saw a Lightning McQueen car that you drive. I hate you, Dillons, with your seasonal toy aisle. So I was able to talk him down to a cheap Nerf gun at least. Thought it would also make his little playdate friends happy... there is one who always asks me where we keep the weapons. Umm, does he mean the golf club Sean keeps under the bed?

2 comments:

Jeanette C. said...

I have a similar ledge above our front door...obviously the house was designed by a man. Ben has decorated mine w/th Nerf bullets, slippers, balls...all the finest in decorating toys. About once a year I get out a long pole...can't remember its intended use...tape a swiffer onto it and knock off the dust, toys and bugs. Enjoy your ledge!

H said...

Isn't that where you are supposed to dangle your fake ivy from?

Our first toy gun will be appearing tomorrow night. Sam picked out a nerf gun for Matthew. He's going to flip. Glad I managed to somehow keep them out of the house for this long. (I won't mention all the suspiciously shaped sticks I find in their room on a regular basis) Patrick will love hanging with my boys when you come visit. I apologize in advance for any strange habits he may pick up!