Sunday, December 26, 2010

Happy Bigs Christmas!




The girls were pretty happy with Santa this year and I was happy that Santa got my memo about not filling up my house with junky toys. The girls each got a certificate for a trip to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter which Sean will escort them to during a cold month soon. The girls have been obsessed with Harry Potter for years as Sean read the books to Megan a while back. Anna only listened to the first book, then it got too scary, so she didn't understand why Megan asked to switch play characters with her... from Hermoine to Ginny. This would be a spoiler if it didn't come out years ago, but Ginny marries Harry at the end and Harry is much admired in this house.

Yes, it's all about the romance, even with Star Wars which was their other Christmas gift... lots of those little Star Wars action figures. Many wedding scenes in the Star Wars play time around here and more than once I have heard Megan explain to Anna that certain ones can't get married because they are brother and sister. Barely time to fight interglactic battles between all the weddings and honeymoons they go on.

And thanks to Nana and Pops for the quiet gifts this year... Kindle for Megan who is always begging for new books to read and DS games for Anna who isn't much of a reader yet. She got some Nintendogs game so I keep hearing her training her dog Lucky, over and over, so much for that being a quiet activity. But, it's the closest she will get to having a real dog for a while. I don't clean enough to have something that sheds in my house. A dog would have to come with a full time housekeeper.

I did manage to surprise the other big kid with some night vision goggles, a la Modern Family where Phil can't stop thinking of things that he wants after his wife Claire says she can never think of anything to give him... he lists off bug vacuum, night vision goggles, yogurt maker... I thought I'd go with the one that would be fun for the kids too. Until we see how many animals are lurking in the backyard at night, then we'll have nightmares to deal with.

Santa brought me a new house which means painting in January after the Christmas decor comes down. Sean got me a printer so I don't need to interrupt his video game playing by barging into his office to print something. So thoughtful!

No comments: