Wednesday, December 7, 2011

2nd of 10 Christmas Programs


Our school does a real Christmas program every year and it seems to be a tradition to do some of the same songs each year so I am guessing by the tenth year we will be ready to move on to just the band concert. Anyway, when making Sean's work schedule months ago I did not notice the date of the program and of course he was working both jobs last night and this time of year it is hard to swap shifts. And then as we were sitting down to dinner Emily had just had it, so I put her in time out for a couple minutes to cool down. She fell asleep of course... at 5:45... So the girls think that Sean stayed home because of Emily and weren't upset at all that Sean was going to miss the show. I also promised to video tape it for him which I am usually kind of opposed to since then you don't enjoy it live, too busy fussing with the video camera. Patrick ended up sitting on my lap and shaking the camera the whole time so that will be a great program to watch, kind of like punishment for missing the real thing.

For three hours leading up to the program the girls were looking for their shoes. I have no idea where they went but I know we had them recently. I probably put them someplace clever again but for now I am blaming the children. Anna ended up wearing an old pair from Megan that were about 2 sizes too big and Megan ended up with a pair of dressy boots from last year that we remembered we had just as we were headed out to Target to get new ones. Few things I hate more than spending money on items we use a couple times... like dresses and fancy shoes. Target comes in so handy and the girls are too young to object still!

ps Emily slept until 8:30 this morning, apparently I need to put her to bed at 5:45 every night!

No comments: