Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Let's catch up

And see what photos have imported to the photo stream from our iphones...

Well, let's start with snow on April the 23rd. 80 degrees by Sunday but today sure sucks. Poor Patrick, the first child to actually want to go to a sports activity, once again has soccer cancelled. It looks beautiful out with all the snow covered branches and I have the fire going inside, but we're still kind of tired of winter. Also, the furnace died a few days ago and I thought we'd be able to make it until next fall but it's going to be interesting if the temperature drops to 18 like I just heard. Between the upstairs furnace and the fireplace and my never ending baking and cooking, we will survive in the hearth room, just not sure I'd want to hang in the basement. I never want to anyway, this is nothing new. This is why we won't have a basement in the next house we build, hate being down there. We'll have a crawl space for the utilities and a safe room built in our master closet instead. Or we'll take whatever house we can afford someplace with better weather. And whoever buys our house will get a nice new furnace, argh.

Megan took this of Emily. This is her favorite new expression to make. Lots of things shock her.


Here is another one taken by Megan, of Anna before she threw a Goldfish cracker into the office where we were talking to potential builder and architect. They thought it was beyond hilarious. Not embarrassing at all for me. They were tired of waiting and I plan to never take them along for another meeting. When we go to Nashville to discuss options there the kids will be in camps. Have learned my lesson.




Well, here is a nice little photo montage of the girls torturing Patrick. Looks like Megan hasn't figured out that while she thinks it is hilarious to document this, it will get her in trouble later. Better she find out now and also realize that people will always have cameras with them these days and she will never get away with anything. Did the Boston bombers really think they wouldn't show up in many photos and videos?

 We've had too many pajama days lately. Neither Emily nor I were motivated last week, so off schedule with lots of random appointments and I feel like we didn't socialize at all. Not a good week. The house paid the price too, so trashed.



This was the point where I gave up and decided that kids do live here, why fight it? When it warmed up this weekend I forced them outside and they then got bit by something... found one tick and then maybe the rest are chigger bites, not sure. Emily's back is covered. I will spray as soon as the snow melts because I'm sure it wasn't actually cold enough to kill them.



We did finally let the girls try out the hot tub and I'm sure Anna will want to go back in tonight. Megan thought it was much too hot but Anna was ready to stay in and do some laps. Okay, enough random photos for now. The Emily needs some lunch.

No comments: