Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Patrick's field trip to K-State

 Sadly this is the best photo from the whole field trip. I didn't want to deal with my big camera and Emily and Patrick and walking all over and the freezing cold, so these are all from my iphone.  The kids got to see how the floor gets put together and then we had to make sure they didn't step in the puddles of varnish.
 Lucky day for the kids when they ran into Collin Klein, doing a little workout before the draft this week. Thankfully none of them yelled out, "there's Johnny Football!". Could have been awkward...
 I'm sure everyone else knows the other big guy who was working out with Collin, feel free to leave me a comment so I'll have it included when I print this out next year. I will say both guys were great sports and from what I have heard, amazing role models. Also, neither of them have been publicly mortified by a fake girlfriend, so there's that too. Well done.
 That tiny speck is Emily who kept wanting to run laps on the field. Frankly, I would be happy to pay someone good money to sneak us in to let her in to run during the cold months because she has energy to burn. Needless to say, I would spend even more money if it would tire Patrick out.
 The blurry weight room where the men's basketball team lifts.
 The men's practice court. Let the record show that the women's practice court was equally nice. This is Patrick's classmate's father who is maybe a trainer there? I'm so scattered in the mornings and at pick up trying to get too many children where they need to go that I only know a few people in the class and thus am out of any loop there might be. Too tired to care and too late to get involved now.
The kids thought this was pretty cool also. They walked across the water treadmill. It is raised all the way up so the pool is underneath here, but when it's down the players can run on it in the water. They also had what I thought was a hot tub but was in fact a cold tub. I'm sure it works for what they need it for but sounds like no fun to me.

Patrick had a great time and was so proud to receive the media guide for the team and the Big 12 champions poster that he expects me to hang up. Umm, maybe inside his closet? I've got a whole decorating plan going on and posters are not part of it. New bedding arrived today, picking out paint tomorrow, ready for his "really big boy" room. Also, I am bored and felt like doing a project so I can feel like I accomplished something. Glad I didn't decide to plant flowers like I normally would have done by this point. Surely this is our last snow, right??

1 comment:

heather said...

See, now that's a cool field trip! I would have fun at that one.

Yes, we put the posters in their closet. They are totally satisfied with that so far.