Tuesday, March 12, 2013

House of the Day

This is going to be random and perhaps long, we'll see how quiet the kids stay tonight. Anyway, I'll start with the House of the Day. After having anxiety dreams about not knowing what style of house we liked, let alone what the name is, I spent quite a bit of time digging deep into the internet for guidance. Tiffany told me they are going with Santa Barbara Mediterranean which was intimidating to me. So specific! Suddenly "umm, traditional?" sounded kind of vague. And lame. So I present to you, my favorite today (and yesterday when I sent this to a few fellow die-hards): Pennsylvania something! Maybe horse farm, which is perfect for me as I have a healthy respect/deathly fear of horses.

 Love the little side entrance, for kids and their junk.
 Do we need words for this? Nope.
 Not totally crazy about the porch that isn't screened in, I mean, nothing is perfect.
 I lied, this kitchen is totally perfect. I even have that LeCreuset pot.
Here is where the noise happens. Love the layout and I love that the facade is so modest that you'd never guess it is 7500 sq ft. We wouldn't need that, but we do need more than 1800 sq ft which was the first house we bought in Texas. Totally happy there, could never move back though.

Anyway, speaking of moving, this is a disappointing time as we have real friends moving away over spring break. Tiffany and JT will be missed but we understand why they are going. Thankfully we can catch the shuttle down to Dallas for some shopping and eating anytime we want. I will probably see Tiffany more now, ha! Actually for someone who is as crazy busy as she is, she has always made time for friends. This is why I don't accept the excuse from people that they are too busy to be friends. I realize that you make time for the people you want to make time for and thus I don't waste my time on the others anymore. Always friendly to people but I'm done making all the effort. Kitra is another who makes time for friends and she is just as busy as Tiffany, this is a bond they share. I bribe them with baked goods, that's my contribution to the group. I do have other real friends in town of course but they are not allowed to move away. I'll have Kitra draw up the contracts...

1 comment:

Katie said...

I love this house! You're right it doesn't look that big either.