Tuesday, March 12, 2013

PS no breezeway

There will be no breezeway in the new house. While we want Sean's office to be separate from the main house, I'm thinking a closed in extended mud room of sorts will be best. Sean has mentioned his dislike of our breezeway during the winter months a few... thousand times. And then to drill this fact into my head he likes to request that I deliver things to him in his office during the winter months (water, tylenol, candy, something freshly baked, etc), just so I understand what it's like when he has to go back and forth no less than 45 times in one night. I'm pretty sure that's what the count was last night. He says he kept thinking they were done calling him on so he'd come back to his real bed and it was like a rush of cold air every time. Have we discussed that there is a bed in his office? With real bedding, I set him up in style. Does this sound like a passive aggressive post? If so, it's just because I'm tired. From being woken up like a new mom all night last night. Waaaah. However you type that. I think we're even for the new painting.

Speaking of new painting (all Kitra's fault by the way), I was pointing out to Sean that one perk to living here is that we've gotten to know a lot of the local business owners so it's fun to go in their shops and restaurants and have a real conversation. Then he says dismissively, "oh, like that gets you a discount". I swear, I wasn't setting him up for this, but YES, it does! Frequent customer rewards. So go to the Strecker-Nelson Gallery downtown, do not be intimidated, nicest people ever with cute little dog sniffing around, and buy lots of stuff so you can be a frequent customer too... eventually they will show you the basement with the extra inventory, good stuff. They also do great framing and the gallery on the first floor has lots of cheaper stuff, good for gifts, which was the whole reason I went there....  You can also find their whole inventory online:  http://www.strecker-nelsongallery.com My favorite new artist is Kristin Goering, reminds me of Zak Barnes but her works are smaller and cheaper. Go check it out!


1 comment:

Carrie (and Kevin!) Finnegan said...

Did I miss a pick of the new painting??