So, who has some of those tips for me? I'm beginning to think people have figured out that I own one winter sweater and while I'm ready to start wearing my two striped spring shirts, it's not pleasant out. That may change soon, I'm hoping by lunch time but patches of snow in our yard remind me that it is still March. Early March. And let's discuss boots, because that's all I wear these days. What do I wear in the spring when winter boots defeat the purpose of capri pants? I hate cold feet so unlike college students, I am not wearing flip flops until my feet are sweaty. Also, ugly feet, it's a curse. Well, I guess for the month of March at least I will just wear gym clothes and let people think I am working out.
Speaking of working out, which I'm not because I am day 2 post actual hair styling, I figured out that last night's dessert success is exactly how I remember the one from Bravo during the legendary San Antonio trip when I had my first Mommy/Emily day three years ago. Best shopper ever in her car seat while Sean went to his moonlighting meeting. I loved that dessert so much that I repeated it the next day with just Emily in the middle of the afternoon out on their patio in perfect Texas April weather. I know it's a chain restaurant, I don't care. Memories. And this is why it is worth spending money on travel because you are making memories to get you through the cold boring days of March. Also, while on vacation, take time to eat extra desserts. Oh Paris... desserts on our way to lunch... why not?
Here is a bonus tip that I learned at the women's conference. Next time you walk into a room and can't remember what you need from there, smile. It activates your frontal lobe and that helps you remember. I was skeptical of this tip but it actually works. Now I smile when this happens to me because I've decided to think it is funny how often that happens to me. And then I remember what I needed. Right now I am remembering that I have leftover dessert and it would make an excellent second breakfast. Apologies to Sean who is missing out because of army. 15 months until working from home! I told him to furlough himself but apparently it doesn't work that way. (p.s. the way furlough works here will end up costing more tax dollars, BRAVO, and I don't mean the delicious Bravo)
2 comments:
every catalogue and website i look at shows capri skinny white jeans....with high heel sandals. not for this girl. i just got some slip on chucks in navy to wear with capris when it warms up....so far i like them. comfy. easy to get on. not a flip flop!
oh and i wont be buying white any type of jeans. i would need to change them hourly! too much laundry!
Post a Comment