Kansas is always mocked in the entertainment world and I'm afraid this blog isn't going to help.
Saturday, March 2, 2013
Laugh buddies
I went to the women's conference at church today with Kitra and then was happy to run into a few other friends. Last year I was one of very few people under 60 so I was happy to have some peers there this year to discuss things that are going on at this life stage. The message this year was to take time for yourself for mental health and the importance of laughing. The speaker, Sr. Anne Smollin, told us to designate two laugh buddies to get in touch with each day to share something funny. I already share Arrested Development quotes over email each day with Stephanie and Andrea but if anyone else would like to entertain me, by all means, I'd love to hear from you. Sean is a big fan of texting me quotes from shows we watched recently. Much funnier than when he texts to tell me to pick up pull-ups at the store. Anyway, I hope more friends can make it to the conference next year as I think we moms need to be reminded that it's essential to make time for ourselves. Always great to spend time with friends too. And now I will end with a quote from The Mindy Project. Mindy has just introduced another "best friend" from college and her co-worker questions how many best friends she has. "Best friend is not a person, it's a tier". I can totally relate to that, grateful to all the best friends I have all over the world and I look forward to the international one moving back to the states soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I've been laughing over the final scene of Modern Family this week, where Lily and their bride friend are on the couch. Don't want to spoil it if you haven't seen it.
Aw, thanks!!! I am assuming you mean me, ha. Love the Mindy Project, thanks so much for the rec. Always trust you! It's my secret indulgence when I'm actually home and is great fun to fold laundry to. BFFs are the best and I'm lucky to have you in that tier!
I am a new fan of the Mindy Project, too. Do you watch New Girl yet? So funny.
said in your best Mindy voice I'm sure. I actually remember that quote.
Post a Comment