Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Need Spring

I never thought I'd type this, but I am looking forward to daylight savings time because there are days now when the suns wakes me up, not children. Go ahead and cry for me, Argentina. Also, cold weather makes me want to bake and it's a little out of control. When I'm tired of all our usual desserts, I manage to think up something new to make. Tonight I made mixed berry cobbler that someone gave me the recipe for years ago. Just now I remembered it and figured out that I could use up some of the frozen smoothie berries for it. I would post a photo of it but it was inhaled before I thought of it. In case you want to gain some weight before swim suit season, here you go:

Mix together:
1 cup sugar
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk

Then whisk in 1/2 cup melted butter. Pour it in a greased 8x12 pan and then sprinkle 2 cups frozen berries on top with another 1/4 cup of sugar. Bake for one hour at 350.

Not the healthiest way to eat fruit but this isn't a diet blog, duh.

1 comment:

heather said...

Dammit. I have all those ingredients.

Your Evita reference earns you 10,000 friend points.