The kids are definitely on to this time change scam and even Emily is protesting going to bed while it is still light out. An hour after I thought she went to bed tonight I noticed that her light was on and she was puttering around her room. There was a neatly folded pile of knitted place mats on the floor, normally used for American Girl doll something or other. I didn't want to discourage her cleaning habits so I just praised her and put her back in bed. Patrick sometimes cleans his room too but in general cleaning by children is only done under a militant eye.
Anyway, the way I reacted to this time change was that at 9pm on Sunday it felt like 10pm. That's right, when it should have felt like 8pm. The worst part about all this is that I am so ready for lounging clothes and perhaps an unfashionable bathrobe while it is still light out. Sean only tolerates this because he is just happy to not be deployed. His standards have been lowered.
In other unfashionable news, I'm trying to pack for spring break and it turns out that the girls have very few items of clothing that aren't stained or ripped. I suspected that Patrick was in bad shape (and let's not discuss what the preschool people must think of his very own wardrobe selections) so I bought him stuff for this trip specifically a few weeks ago, but I failed to consider what the girls would wear. We are so close to summer clothes and then UNIFORMS (!!) that I am in no mood to buy them anything long sleeved. So this will be interesting. Don't worry, we will be sure to tell everyone we meet that we are from Kansas, ha.
Here is the painting, looks better in person, very textural. I needed some spring. Now for some warmer temps....

5 comments:
Love the painting and the accessories.
Me Likey.
Ooooh, I love it. Good eye.
Beautiful picture! Who is the artist?
Love it, love trees.
Post a Comment