Friday, March 22, 2013

Schwans Trophy

I may order excessively from Schwans but these are desperate times with all the kids on break this week and also they are not quite healthy. Taking them all to the grocery store with me would just be cruel to everyone at the store. Even the Schwans man said I probably couldn't go without leashes. Exactly. So I ordered everything except milk, only because they don't sell milk (but maybe next time I can get extra ice cream and just let it melt?), and then managed to fit $279 worth in my tiny freezer. Ice packs are thawing, I had to use up the ice cubes to make room (iced green tea anyone? goes great with this weather) and I'm debating making cranberry bread with this random bag of frozen cranberries. At least there will be dinner tonight! No more appetizers, I got veggies and lots of different fish (and salted caramel ice cream with praline cashews). Bring on the snow, we are ready (and clearly bored as this is my 3rd post today).

6 comments:

Carrie (and Kevin!) Finnegan said...

My siblings and I lived on Schwan's growing up. As latchkey kids we left lists for our mom to order. Your kids should be so lucky to get to eat it! We still talk (and salivate) about their rocky road ice cream. I got excited when we had a Schwan's man show up in Indy, but then he never came back.

lisadst said...

i need to look up a schwans man in my area. i think my family would like him! they are sick of my cooking and bagel bites.

Paul said...

ice cream sounds great!

Paul said...

No I didn't mom said that

julie said...

I'm pretty sure I knew it was Mom talking about the ice cream. I also got strawberry cheesecake ice cream. Right now I am making butterscotch bread pudding, trying it out for Easter weekend...

Stephanie said...

They have a yummy pasta with veggies that I love. If you order online you get rewards too. I am currently loving the raspberry rumble ice cream.