Monday, February 15, 2010

Church Lungs







We had Emily baptized yesterday during the mass, which is the first time we have done it like that. In San Antonio for the girls they had big group baptisms on Saturday afternoons as it was a huge and very fertile parish. Then for Patrick we did a private baptism after mass because we weren't sure how the girls would act during it and we didn't have any wranglers for them, just the Godparents came in for that one. That was a good call as I remember Anna wandering off during it. Anyway, we thought it would be nice to do something different this time, so everyone suffered though the extra long mass yesterday. Was anyone anxious to get out in the frigid wind though?? So horrible yesterday, but I digress.

Emily was none too thrilled to sit up in front and cried the whole first half. Then when Fr. Don hoisted her up after the baptism she really let him have it. As soon as we sat down after that she zonked out thankfully. I'm sure she was confused as to why I wasn't feeding her, even though she had just eaten, because that is my first response anytime she is fussy. Hmm, why is she top of the charts for weight but not height? I love a chance to burn calories while sitting on the couch though, since it's usually the opposite. She still fit in the beautiful gown that Erlinda loaned us though! Many thanks as I did not want to go buy one at this point and the one that we used for the others was way too big. Now I am hoping that all 3 girls will be the same size at 1st Communion age...

3 comments:

Marjie said...

Julie you look too young, thin and beautiful to have 4 kids. I am sure you made the other moms jealous. Until the hearty cries, at least.

Now pics of the dance.

julie said...

Clearly my mom is biased, but very sweet! I edited out the double chin photos...

Kit said...

Again, great pics!! The gown you utlimately chose for Emily was perfect. Thanks for including us in the special day!