Thursday, February 25, 2010

Hoarders (again)

I was just telling Sean about our friend who thinks she knows a real live hoarder who lives near us. She has seen stuff piled up in front of his windows and the garage appears to be full of crap too. So every time we drive by now we are craning our necks to check it out. I now realize that I can't let this friend see my storage room or she will turn us in too. Actually, that would be great, we'd finally get that junk out of there. This is how the episode would go (they always go back and forth between two hoarding houses on each episode).

House one: some poor mentally ill woman, sitting on the floor picking craft beads out of the first of thousands of trash bags... her psychologist trying to convince her to throw something, ANYTHING, away

House two: the psychologist surveys the Keenan storage room... asks how to start, the woman of the house says, "either trash it or send it to Goodwill, you guys make the call, I'm going to go check my email". Yes, hoarders due to a unique combination of laziness and lack of a truck to haul it away. Compelling television viewing.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Something tells me house one would be one of my outlet customers with the craft beads. You wouldn't believe the bags of crap I sell to the same people week after week. It doesn't take long to get over the good deals when you work there.

Jennifer Walker said...

I would appreciate it if you would quit blogging about me! HA! You must tell me what house you are talking about, though!:) I want to do a drive by!

Carrie (and Kevin!) Finnegan said...

My sister won't stop talking about the episode where the lady was hoarding her used adult diapers. Watching that show just boosts my self-esteem - and makes me want to clean out a cupboard.

julie said...

Oh, I am so glad I didn't see that episode, I think I'd need therapy to forget it...