Thursday, February 11, 2010

Weekend Prep

I've actually been getting stuff done around the house this week, instead of playing on the computer. Okay, playing as much on the computer. Always a big deal when guests come to town and we're hoping they make it out of Snowmaggedon. Not looking good for the Godmother from DC but the Godfather and Patrick's wranglers are coming from Newport News which wasn't hit as hard. Anyway, I think I have picked up most the Polly Pocket accessories from the guest room and Sean has replaced most of the light bulbs that have burned out (3 to go Big Guy) so that should cut down on injuries in the middle of the night. As always, I won't attempt cleaning bathrooms until the plane lands in KC. Toothpaste explosions happen too frequently these days.

My other activity this week is learning how to walk in heels. Sean's tux has been altered so I think we are all set for our big night out. Emily has been going to bed on time so far this week so maybe we can pull this off!

ps Happy Belated Birthday Katie! I can't really make fun of how old you are now since I am not far behind. You used to seem much older than me.

4 comments:

VAMOM said...

Now we have to hope to dodge the snowstorm coming to Atlanta!!!!!!You're right..don't clean the bathrooms till you hear from us in KC!

julie said...

I just saw that on cnn, argh!! I think the snow is punishing us for living so far away from you all. If we had that private jet we could just pick you up directly from NN. Sorry, we need that money for college funds....

VAMOM said...

FIL just worked 90 minutes after getting home to rebook us out of Richmond through Chicago after our flights were cancelled by Airtran. We get in at 11:30 now ..so to your house about 1:30. Dad needs a beer in the fridge for this one!

Katie said...

after 29 age is irrelevant since you are 29 from there on out!