Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Floor Items

Oh, we've all been at this stage... with toddlers who love to just litter the floor with random items throughout the day and then when they finally (FINALLY!) nap, you run around picking it up so when the husband comes home he is not frightened into working late the next day. Well, these are the things I picked up today:
3 slippers
2 train tracks
1 strand of Mardi Gras beads
3 rolls of coloring paper (unrolled of course)
2 drink coasters (Simpsons)
1 Hello Kitty walkie talkie (which I heard Patrick say "Pat-pat stinky" into earlier. Not sure whom he was contacting but they never did show up to change that diaper)
5 whisks
1 mostly eaten bag of Wheat Thins
1 big red blanket
1 overturned basket that holds big red blanket
4,000 books (need to find a new system for those that won't encourage distribution like that)
and
1 American flag patch that didn't have velcro so Sean can't use it and instead it will sit in the junk drawer until we move someday

Everything is picked up now, safe to come home, Sean. Well, until the girls and their many bags and boots and coats and lunch boxes leave a trail from the front door to the laundry room.... I suppose in 18 years I will miss the mess. Nah, probably just the kids.

1 comment:

Carrie (and Kevin!) Finnegan said...

Parker figured out where I hide the totes of toys - so I am battling this as well. I relaxed today and then around 4pm said, "Alright time to clean up the toys!" Parkers started saying, "someone's coming to look at the house! We have to clean!" They learn so fast...