Tuesday, February 9, 2010

New Morning Plan

Major and Mrs. Obvious finally figured out that the big kids wake up the little kids in the morning. So last night I prepped the girls by telling them they would have to use the bathroom downstairs in the morning. It is identical to the one upstairs, however they have this fear of being downstairs alone and each morning they grab their clothes and race upstairs, one yelling at the other one for leaving her behind. Chaos and yelling, great way to start the day. Then they usually go in the bathroom next to the littles and bang stuff around and talk loudly (even when just one is in there, I don't understand it at all). Of course that wakes up Patrick and then I am dealing with him on top of the race to the bus stop.

So far so good though, the girls went back down to use their bathroom this morning. It appears that my authority has been restored somewhat through the stand/kneel to watch TV punishment. I also got them to brush their teeth in the laundry room before they sprinted to catch the bus which was early today, after being 25 minutes late yesterday. It's a love-hate relationship with the bus. Patrick just now got up though which is a good hour later than usual, hence the time to blog.

After so many battles with the girls about going downstairs by themselves (they always beg for an escort/bodyguard when they need to go get something), I have been thinking about getting a 2 story house next and putting them upstairs. There is one for sale here that I've always been curious about but up until yesterday I could never find more than exterior shots of it. Turns out it has the same exact kitchen that I have right now, down to the hardware on the cupboards. Long time readers know that while I love my kitchen, the dream of the white kitchen lives on. Sean sleeps easy knowing I will never find another house here...

1 comment:

Jim Joy said...

Hi Julie, Your mom was right. Your blog is a hoot. I am your Grandmother Koenig's first cousin, but I'm younger than your dad!
Looks like you're doing a wonderful job with a beautiful family.