The first thing Patrick has declared his love for isn't a family member or even a cookie, no, it's Barney. Worst of all, he declares this over and over at 6:30am. We have been very fortunate up until this point that no one else has loved Barney and even more so that no one else has gotten in the habit of waking up before 7am. But now my life has evolved to this... early wake up calls for a dinosaur that sings songs with questionable origins. I am confident that the Barney song writers never dreamed that their demographic would overlap with the one who has listened to Depeche Mode. Just Can't Get Enough. Yes, thank you Barney, I just can't get enough sleep these days. Thanks to The Palace for carrying my favorite tea though, it's good to have it local. Mighty Leaf Green Tea Tropical. That would be the "light caffeine" that I have mentioned before.
Now I did suggest to Patrick that he give up Barney for Lent but he is giving up eating dinner instead. I have been cooking for real lately, instead of kid food, but surely there is no correlation. I have a salmon recipe that is so good that you don't even crave red meat on the Fridays of Lent. It is from The Family Chef, aka Jennifer Aniston's personal chef. (As a side note, if you can afford a personal chef you have no excuse to not be thin and healthy. If you live in land of inferior grocery stores where you can't locate half the ingredients, well, good luck.) For the foodies in my family:
Marinate 1 lb of wild salmon with 1/2 cup hoison sauce, 1 finely chopped shallot, 2 tablespoons EVOO, 1/2 teaspoon salt for 20 minutes. Then grill for 15 minutes on a cedar plank (I prefer the red oak plank instead, the cedar just reminds me of the kids' dressers, yuck). Follow the instructions on the plank for soaking it first or things could get crazy on the grill.
As for what I am giving up for Lent, I think I have given up enough during each pregnancy that I don't ever have to give up anything again. Plus, the current emphasis for Lent is that you do something extra instead, so I am trying to sleep extra in hopes that I won't be so crabby to the kids. I try not to be crabby to Sean since he gets even less sleep than I do (unless his lack of sleep is related to video games). Just over 4 years to go with this pesky day job of his...
1 comment:
Since you have the Barney penance I agree, you have given up enough. Plus all the stuff you give up by being pg, probably you should be required to eat extra chocolate during Lent so the sinners don't suffer unduly.
Post a Comment