Sunday, February 28, 2010

No More Nursery

Patrick planted his feet and refused to even go down the hall to the church nursery today. He used to love going and in fact would cry when I dropped the girls off for CCD on Wednesdays because he would want to go in and play. Well, last week someone with a booming voice (I bet the locals can guess who has the loudest booming voice in town) was trying to get his son to stay in there and he freaked Patrick out so he refused to stay. Apparently Patrick has not forgotten this, but since he was better behaved than his sisters today, it wasn't so bad. Anna was making shadow puppets during mass, using the back of some older lady as her screen and then she got lost on her way back from communion because she was mad at me and trying to get away.

Way better than my friends during school mass who would pick gum from the bottom of the pew and then flick little pieces onto the back of the person in front of them. I just need to keep it all in perspective...

2 comments:

Carrie (and Kevin!) Finnegan said...

Have you ever gone to mass without the kids for some odd reason? This happens once in a great while for me/us and it sooooo nice and serene. Right now I feel like we are just taking the kids to set an example and kill some units of time. Oh, and get a workout since we are usually sweating by the time we make the walk down to communion.

julie said...

I was actually sweating by the time mass was over because Emily wanted to be bounced the entire time, preferably while I was standing. She let everyone know that she doesn't like for me to sit down. Before Emily was born and when Patrick liked to go to the nursery, the girls would leave for half the mass for the children's service.... so it was like date night! Except the wine isn't very good.