Friday, July 13, 2012

15 weeks

I feel like I'm keeping track of a pregnancy, but NO, it has been 15 weeks since Sean left.  At the latest, he is getting on a plane home two months from today.  I am voting for a postponement of the one and only real mission they've planned because some crap is going on in Kenya that does not work well with foreigners traveling.  If it's postponed then he could catch a flight two weeks earlier.  Sean doesn't think that will work out but I can still hope.

Either way he gets home around the time that I start having two days a week with all the kids in school from 9 to 2:30.  I can't help but be anxious for this summer to get over.  Any time I've had to myself since Sean has left has been costly so I am sure to use it wisely.  That's a lot of pressure to be productive.

The kids are sleeping in this morning and I am on the patio surrounded by music festival.  Took me a while to realize the violin is directly above me.  Piano is across the ski run in the white tent.  8am, these people do not mess around.  I need to go get my sweatshirt.  Not missing Kansas heat, just missing Sean!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Needing a sweatshirt sounds fantastic. We are having another heat wave. It is making me want to shave my head. Boys leave tomorrow for Grandma and Grandpa camp. Enjoy the rest of your trip - miss you!

Marjie said...

Next year you can have fun together. It is so wonderful when the kids all go to school. You will love it!

Megan said...

It is race to see if I have this baby first or Sean comes home first. While I'd like to be not pregnant, I think it would be preferable for him to be home, safe and sound! And we definitely do not need sweatshirts in Cville, you can leave that behind when we eventually get together!