Monday, July 16, 2012

Random mountain stories

I will try to make up for lack of photos with stories I have skipped. Pops has been taking the kids out for individual time with him and Anna was the first to go. They did not have time to get a photo but they both said they were glad the other was there so everyone would believe that they saw a bear up here at wintergreen. Of course we know bears are here but this was the first keenan sighting I believe. They were in a car at least. Another story took place the morning I was driving here from Nashville. Nana was having her coffee on her porch when she saw a fire through the trees. Now remember, this was back during the Colorado springs wildfires so caution was the plan. Nana went and woke the girls up and they took a few minutes to evacuate... With their little backpacks of stuffed animals. Side note to Sean, the girls have more animals now even though I pledged to never buy one again. Anyway, the house through the trees had been struck by lightning in the night and then the fire slowly built up until it broke through and pretty much burned to the ground. Thankfully no one was staying there that night. No, someone's moving truck was on the way, due that day. Unfortunately they had unloaded all the stuff that went in their car though, you know, the stuff you don't trust with the movers. That's about it for excitement I think. I am so used to the crazy drive up and down the mountain from doing it so frequently that I'm annoyed by the rookies. Drop your gear and time your braking appropriately... The kids used to complain about how long it takes but now they are used to it too. 2000 miles so far, some pretty rough ones at that. Oh we did go to a restaurant tonight, I guess it is a brewery, and not only did they have family friendly live music but they always have a bounce house out along with some playground equipment. A good combo for success. Plus they have deep fried Oreos on their menu. I don't even like Oreos but as always, deep frying makes everything better. Enough for now, need to get the kids in bed before the loud people upstairs start their nightly party. Kids can sleep through it, but won't fall asleep during it.

1 comment:

julie said...

The iPad really messes up my formatting so please excuse the one long paragraph of randomness.