As fate would have it, Bold Rock Cidery opened when I arrived in Virginia. I dislike beer, I enjoy most wine, and I LOVE hard cider. So I was slightly excited to hear that in between the microbreweries and wineries someone had built a cidery. Caroline, Andy and I went to investigate as soon as someone recklessly offered to watch six children. The owner gave us a tour and it's a pretty fascinating story that we were thrilled to hear about on the air conditioned part of the tour. Anyway, our part of the story is that it's the best cider we've ever had and I bought four cases since it isn't distributed outside of Virginia yet. I should say that I bought a six pack for Sean so he isn't wondering where the rest of it went. Come on, he isn't going to be home for ten weeks still. That is like 70 days, right? Oh dear, I better slow down because the rate I've been going I won't even have 6 left. Maybe I should just delete this post.
This is an expensive piece of machinery. I kind of want one.
Slightly out of focus banners in the non-air conditioned tasting barn.
Caroline mulling over the choices.
How much room do I have in the Acadia? It's going to be tight. I could always fly some kids home with their bags...
This was towards the end, we look so happy, so oblivious to the total chaos awaiting us back at Stoney Creek. My photo with Andy was blurry, again, wrong setting on my camera, but there is a shot of all three of us on their facebook page. John told us we were his favorite tour group. Of course we were, it was pretty clear that I'm going to be a big customer. Don't quite have the cash flow to be the big investor he is looking for to build the restaurant part though. Cheers!
3 comments:
That would go over big in Kansas
Cloudy and brown? You're in Cider Town!
Clear and yellow? You've got juice there, fella!
Post a Comment