In The Holiday Cameron Diaz goes shopping in this little gourmet shop soon after arriving in England and she fills her basket with all sorts of treats and wine. The check out gal makes a comment about how someone must be having a party and she's says "oh yeah" as she swigs some wine. She is heading back to her house swap home all alone, until Jude Law shows up and makes it the best vacation ever of course. Anyway, minus Jude Law, I had that day.
Pops took ALL FOUR kids to a movie by himself and spent a small fortune at the snack bar. Nana and I went to Charlottesville for some shopping and time away from children. As always, Feast was a highlight and since I obviously don't get there often enough, I loaded up my teeny cart with my favorite candies and dips. Several people made comments about how they would like to go to whatever party I was having. Umm, yes, it's just me. Ha ha, like I would share this food with kids who are thrilled to get Skittles and Sun Chips! I would feel bad about how much it cost except I spend more on kid food and at least half of that is wasted by them at each meal. Trust me, none of this will be wasted. I intend to save some of the candy until Sean gets back. Of course, I was informed that can be shipped to me any time so I may just restock in September. Oh, I may have popped into Albemarle Baking Company next door too... Definitely do not have a bakery like this back in Manhattan, although for long term weight management that might be a plus to not living near here.
Not a very artistic arrangement here, I was more focused on tasting tonight. I did split the chocolate bomb thing with Megan after the littles FINALLY fell asleep at 9:30 and while Anna took her shower. Megan deserves treats for all the help she gives me, plus she has the most advanced palate of the bunch. I think the fruit dessert will be breakfast... Not included in the photos is the box of desserts that don't need to be refrigerated. Hey, the days are long.
1 comment:
thanks! i gained 10lbs reading your post. off to walk my 3 miles now!
Post a Comment