Friday, September 7, 2012

2 more weekends???

It's too late for medication, I checked.  It takes a while to kick in apparently.  Wine is faster and goes soooo well with onion rings.  I have heard people talk about the "divorce diet" and now I understand.  I am in the funk where nothing sounds good to eat and I even read cookbooks all day today for inspiration.  I'm pretty sure the kids have the same reaction I do when I smell Papa Johns, Wendy's or frozen Schwan's food... BARF.

We dropped Megan at a slumber party tonight and then I planned to take the rest of them to pick up some dinner.  Anna wanted me to take them to Famous Daves.  Yes, that would be so awesome... 6:30 on a Friday night of a football weekend.  They were already fighting in the car, yeah, let's wait for a table and then wait for our food...  I attempted to drive through Wendy's which used to be their favorite but they couldn't decide what they wanted and I realized I could just heat them up a better version of everything at home, so I left without ordering.  Patrick was displeased.  But then I turned on the TV and all was forgiven.

I however am not forgiving the weather.com master who promised me ALL WEEK that Saturday would be a high of 70 degrees.  I just checked and it has been changed to a high of 85.  Sean would love 85 compared to Djiouti heat, but I have been staring lovingly at 70 all week.  I have been planning for 70.  It was going to be the highlight of yet another crappy weekend that started with kids fighting in the car at 2:53pm after school on Friday.  A sweet friend has taken pity on me though and she will go to the park with me tomorrow.  And another sweet friend met me after school for frozen yogurt with the kids.  The kids were crazy and doing their best to injure themselves, but we still managed to talk like adults for a few minutes.  In the end, no one went to the ER but we may not be welcome back.

Going to bed at 9:22 on a Friday night seems lame but it will end this day at least.  As Patrick says, only ten sleeps to go.

1 comment:

VAMOM said...

You are now officially a "single digit midget"! Nine days!