Someone thinks that just because she looks like Megan, she can play with Megan's toys. This was one of the first days when the girls were off to school and Emily was really loving the freedom to play with whatever she wanted. We have since put all the AGD stuff in the big closet to keep her out of it. Although someday it will ALL BE HERS! As much as Megan might wish otherwise.
Here is the REAL Captain America, not riding on the bus, but rather building a tower. Ah, that brief moment when I was able to get the TV turned off.
Here is where Anna used to sleep, after she rejected the"perfectly fine for two months" bedroom in the basement. Yes, that's just a pile of pillows and blankets. Sweet.
Oh, here is some of Emily's artwork. There are 4 walls around the house that need to be repainted now. Magic eraser sponge thing not cutting it anymore.
The new mattress that the girls fought over. It's the first time I have used the footboard and headboard on the same bed. We didn't have the right bed frame thing to attach them to one bed so I used to split it up and make them both headboards. I wasn't being creative, I was being too lazy to go out and buy the right kind of bedframe. Third time is the charm. And everyone wants it. Megan won.
All three beds jammed in one room. That's a bad angle, it's actually not so bad.
And look what I did today while everyone else was having quality time with spouses and football. Then I realized how out of shape I am because just carrying them to spots around the yard really wore me out. But I rallied and used the blower to clean off the driveway, patio, and basketball court (okay, Patrick did that one). Just trying to distract from the dead bushes that someone else is going to have to dig up and replace. I mentioned our dead bushes to the next door neighbor when she asked if we had a sprinkler system (there is a water issue on our street) and she said that she hand waters her bushes so they don't die. Congratulations!! She is the winner! I didn't bother to point out that I left for a month this summer and oh yes, I have four high maintenance children and a deployed spouse while she and her husband are both retired and make such an effort to avoid my children that they still don't know Sean is gone. This isn't really a neighborly neighborhood which is fine because I like my privacy but sometimes it's ridiculous. I still have no idea who lives in the house on the other side of us. Hey, it hasn't even been two years yet, no need to rush things. We know the other ND people on our circle though, I have allies.



1 comment:
I love the bedding in the girls' room. Oh, pink. Sigh....
Post a Comment