What do you do when the water is turned off, you have 4 kids whining and moaning about no water, and it's 5pm? Bold Rock cider of course. Hope we didn't have any place I need to drive us tonight. "Sean" bought me flowers at the grocery store today and I had to put them in a pitcher of soapy water that I had sitting in the sink because I have no other water. I suppose this is why I should keep bottled water on hand, argh. Oh, that and for drinking.
On this, what was supposed to be the first day of school for both Patrick and Emily, from nine am until two (glorious) thirty pm, I earned both the flowers and the cider. As a special treat for everyone, we conned the sitter into coming over for a couple hours so I could grocery shop without the kids. I was in such a good mood that I came home with enough stuff to make 3 batches of caramel bars, some cream puffs, and a mix for red velvet cupcakes that is supposed to be good. I can't wait to report back on that. Next week at this time we should have just picked up Sean at the airport. My last Monday evening alone! Let's see if we get water back so I can make dinner and flush toilets and get a shower and brush teeth and wash hands.... who knew water was so useful? Clearly I live in tornado country, not hurricane country, this no water thing is a rare event.
No comments:
Post a Comment