Sean came in on the 4:30pm flight to Manhattan and around 3:45pm I remembered that flights are often early here. More than once I have been going to pick up guests and they have called to tell me they landed right as we're leaving the house. Whoops. Anyway, total panic, I was afraid he would get off the plane before we got there and be disappointed so we quickly packed up and headed out. Forgot any signs to hold and the clothing choices were questionable and Megan didn't get her hair washed (difficult with the cast), etc, but we made it there in plenty of time and the flight was only two minutes early. And Sean was the last one off the plane. The kids were starting to fret that he wasn't even on the plane but unlike in the "olden days" Sean had texted to let me know he made it on. There was a big group from the hospital there to welcome him, we only knew his partners Heidi and James though. They were troopers too, held down the department while he was gone and dealt with a lot of stuff, including a radiology technologist who was killed in a car accident. Needless to say, everyone is happy Sean is back. He was given a three day pass and then will start reintegration. Still trying to plan out when we'll take a real vacation. In the meantime we will just enjoy returning to normal life. Thank God the past 6 months seem like a blur now. I will always have my whining and complaining blog posts to remind me just how awful it was though. So glad it's over and so glad it wasn't a full year!
Patrick getting his first hug.
First family photo, Patrick doing his new pose. Hospital command in the background, so thankful to stop paying those teleradiology bills...
Hey look, army remembered to bring a banner, go army!
Emily wanted Daddy to hold her all night. She sat on his lap at Coco Bolos until the long awaited Thai Pan Pork arrived, then Sean needed a break to eat.
I hoped this family photo as we were leaving would be more normal. Nope. Oh well, you can see how excited Patrick is.
10 comments:
yay! cute pictures. Welcome home Sean!
Everyone looks so happy!
Best family photos ever.
Bonus points for the several references of "Army".
Surely Xmas card photos, so happy for you all. Great that you are home, Sean. Three days leave? How generous. Marjie and Paul
Oh my gosh. I'm misty. Love the pics. Way to go Army for bringing the banner! Seems like something Army personnel should keep in their cars, like jumper cables,right? So many folks coming and going...
I love the pic of Sean and Emily. Her tutu is fierce and the family pic is awesome, you should definitely put it on your xmas card, which you should be ordering in like the next three weeks. :)
Love, love, love!!
Yeah, just like jumper cables... need some of those too as Sean's battery died back in July when I wasn't here to drive it. Hoping our towing plan covers that because I am not dealing with figuring that out on our own.
emily looks like she is saying " i dare you to attempt to pry me from him!"
I love the pictures! Everyone looks so happy.
Yippee! I'm so happy you are all together again.
Great photos! So glad he is home safely!
Love,
Aunt Kathy & Uncle John
Post a Comment