I don't normally post about parties but I feel like I invited everyone who was supportive while Sean was deployed, so hopefully no feelings will be hurt. I certainly didn't mean to exclude anyone. I felt this was something worth celebrating for sure so we went all out and had the big event. I even rented tables and chairs, much simpler than borrowing from other people at least. I did the food myself though after I couldn't find a caterer who could do what I wanted. BBQ chicken sliders, smoked brats, Pioneer Woman baked beans, Barefoot Contessa orzo with roasted veggies, harvest salad, caramel bars and Barefoot Contessa outrageous brownies. I'm sick just typing it, so much leftover so we ate it all day today too (and will eat it tomorrow, sorry kids!). I also had to finish up an open bottle of wine. I don't know how long that stuff lasts. Okay, probably longer than 24 hours but I wasn't willing to risk it.
We had a great turnout and wide variety of friends from church, school, work, neighborhood. I've been encouraging Sean to do more with guy friends here so there was talk of setting up golf dates, poker groups, and getting together to watch ND football (okay, that was just with Joe, not many other ND fans here). With only 21 months of army left, Sean needs to expand his social network here because working from home will have it's challenges if he only hangs out with me. I think there is a limit to his tolerance of moving furniture around just because I'm bored and have someone to help me....
One mystery from last night, who drives the Aston Martin?? I know who drives the Smart Car, so cute parked in the 5 foot spot in front of the mailbox, so I know it wasn't hers. I think someone thought I had gotten it for Sean as his deployment gift. Umm, no. There were some financial penalties to the deployment for which I remain bitter. 21 months.
I had more photos but the camera had a few drinks and they were pretty fuzzy. Obviously the last one is after everyone left, nothing like fancy tables on a basketball court...



1 comment:
sounds like a good Sunday plan to me!
Post a Comment