Saturday, September 8, 2012

The Real Captain America

Patrick has decided to call himself the Real Captain America, not sure why the update to his title but he sings it a lot as I pull into the driveway, modifying his song to "The REAL Captain America riding on the bus!".  I think he has been pretty zoned out in the car lately, they are both so tired and cranky from early mornings, so he often doesn't realize we are almost home and he can unbuckle, until we're in the driveway and then he doesn't have time to "ride on the bus" AND unbuckle Emily so she starts screaming in her seat.  I am nice and I stop and wait for him to unbuckle her.  Yesterday her quiet little song was "Cupcakes, riding on the bus."  What?  Oh, there is a cupcake on her pajama shirt.

Anna woke me up this morning when she got up.  Why????  She is almost 9 and certainly know hows to work the TV.  I think she is afraid to be anywhere in this house by herself.

I keep hearing people refer to the time when Sean gets home as the honeymoon period.  I have taken it a step further and bought us new towels and bedding, what other faux wedding gifts can I order myself??  Fifteen years ago wedding registries were very difficult to arrange when wedding guests lived all over the country.  Our only nationwide registry option was Target.  Clearly all those items are long tossed.  We got enough Waterford crystal that has lasted so I didn't feel too bad about throwing out old wedding gifts.  But clearly I will use this excuse to frequently update whatever I want around here.  Barefoot Contessa is now telling me that I need new pots and pans.  Hmm.  I still have some that are hand-me downs from my parents that are holding up but they aren't pretty.  I at least have the Le Creuset that Ina insists on for in the oven.  Who is going to point out my lack of cooking these past 5+ months??  No one?  Thank you.

Well, I do cook breakfast around here as sometimes up to 50% of the children like the same menu item and the others can feed themselves cereal without me feeling guilty about it.  I should go investigate who else has gotten up.  I am keeping my laptop in the loft now, trying to cut down on internet obsession.  Most days it just increases my exercise though...

3 comments:

Carrie (and Kevin!) Finnegan said...

We finally watched "Captain America" last night. Netflix shipped it to us 7/10/12 and we watched it 9/7/12. Rethinking the Netflix membership. Anyway, if the "Real Captain America" is riding around with you, Sean better hurry home!!

julie said...

I have to lock my door at night to keep the "Real Captain America" out of my bed so I can get some sleep. True story.

Marjie said...

I think that one pot was my grandma's