Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Fun and exciting welcome home festivities

We have used the past two days to do everything that was too difficult for me to do alone.  The first task was getting Sean's car running again after the battery died during my long trip away.  That involved getting our insurance company to send out someone to jump it and then calling another dad from school to come jump it again when it died after the first trip out.  We were too embarrassed to call the insurance company again.  So one new battery later we were off and running on the list of ways we hate to spend money.  Up next was fixing the toilet that broke after they shut off the water main last week and then blew sand back in when they turned it on.  It's not that I was waiting for Sean to fix it, I was just waiting for him to be home so that I was not stuck here all day waiting on a repairman when I need to do four roundtrips a day for school drop offs and pick ups.  Of course they suggested we go ahead and service the furnace now too and what, we need a new one?  Of course we do.  And then this morning we found that the shower wasn't working after the toilet was fixed.  So our dear new friend was back to fix that this afternoon.  Cha-ching, cha-ching.  Up next, replacing dead bushes and crumbling front steps.  Awesome.  Welcome home Sean, where are those moonlighting computers?

I did save some money by finally remembering that those clear storage containers in the basement that I see all the time, actually have the winter clothes in them.  Every year I forget that concept and start to panic about lack of clothing for the children and go order more.  Anyway, I have gotten a ton done around here thanks to Sean entertaining the kids.  Way more to catch up on now that I don't have the deployment as my excuse to procrastinate any longer.  Lazy days are over.  Ha ha, who am I kidding?! It's 8:20 and I'm ready for bed.

2 comments:

Marjie said...

This blog should make Andrea feel a little better

Mrs. Dunn said...

It makes me feel a kinship. We just replaced the water heater and after two days of hot water, we have to replace a part. Silliest thing ever-having to replace a part on a brand new water heater.