Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Chippies

Continuing in the long tradition of Grandpa Timer and her daddy, Anna is quite the consumer of tortilla chips, or as she lovingly calls them, "chippies". I was packing her a lunch today and a teeny piece of chip fell to the ground. Within seconds she had swooped in and eaten it. Oh yeah, off the ground, no hesitation. She begs for them with (as) every meal and I won't admit how many times she has them for breakfast. Whatever I have to do to stop the screaming at that hour of the day... I have at least convinced her that Sun Chips are just as delicious and according to the bag, each serving contains 1/3 the recommended amount of whole grains. So by the end of the day that makes 100%.

It could be worse as her other favorite food is bacon. We fear for her cardiovascular health so we make her run laps around the outside of the house when it's not freezing out. Megan does it too; we time them and have convinced them that they aren't racing against each other (oh the crying when that happens), but they are racing against their best time. I learned that on Franklin, thank you very much TV. "Hey, it's Franklin. Coming over to pla--ay." Everybody sing!

No comments: