Okay, some peeps have made comments where they assume we don't like Kansas. Let me clarify, I mock all parts of my life and living in Kansas is just one of them right now. I am afraid that my lame home-body self doesn't live the most exciting life and thus, my blog isn't going to convince anyone that it's great living here, but we really do love it. Initially we were excited to move to Kansas just knowing that by September we might see a temperature of less than 100 degrees. Oh sweet fall, how we missed thee. Of course the move also signified the end of 10 years of post-graduate training for Sean, so our lifestyle was going to be much more relaxed in Kansas.
So a few things we love after living here 1.5 years.... the traffic, or rather lack thereof. So easy to get around and never takes long to get anywhere. Sean's commute is so short that he has a hard time justifying getting rid of often-mocked old Volvo. Everyday he looks at that and thinks, it can go another 12 miles. He'd rather take that car payment to Vegas. We also continue to be shocked by how easy going everyone is and how trusting. I just got a piece from the local art gallery here and the owner insisted I take it home first and try it out and then if I like it, just come back in and pay sometime. Umm, okay, do you want my name first? I put up a link to the gallery on the right here, check it out. Right now they are doing a photography show with Mark Feiden and Edward C. Robinson III. So, if you want to see how diverse the landscape is in Kansas (seriously) and how beautiful, pull up some of their pieces. The photos I take off our deck don't do it justice. I am taking a photography class here soon, yet another advantage of living in a university town, so we'll see if that helps. You really just need to see it for yourself though and as always, we love having visitors. Don't forget we have wine! ha
2 comments:
Impressive art Julie, I hope you get the naked orange lady in the middle. I can't wait to see the coming pics. I also love that I can leave home and make it to Panera and Target and back in less than 30min!
I bet you can get to Panera and anywhere else in town in 30 minutes. Always must go to Panera first before any errand... Oh, and naked orange lady is the focal point when you walk in my living room now. They have a naked woman sculpture in the gallery that would make Patrick hungry, haha!
Post a Comment