We have convinced the girls that it is normal to pay to watch TV. It was a gradual process, starting with the "tickets" they got each day to either use for a show or save up for something fun, which ended up being the Great Wolf Lodge. Well, what motivates them now that birthdays and Christmas are over is money for toys. It is a long time between gift giving occasions with these winter birthdays (of course the relatives still manage to find other holidays worthy of gifts). Anyway, now if Anna asks to watch TV I tell her it is 25 cents and she usually isn't willing to part with that. Of course when they are bugging us after a long day, we have been known to offer a free show or free movie (that means I am upstairs drinking wine too, ha), and then that is a huge treat, oh what generous parents we are!
In other news, I snagged the latest issue of People and it had an article with new mom Christina Aqu-something. You all won't believe this but she just makes up little melodies to sing to her son on the spot. Holy crap, wow, she is so so talented!! Granted, her voice is a little better than most moms (including my own whom I predict will comment on this post by saying we used to put our hands over her mouth when she sang to shut her up), but obviously everyone makes up stupid little songs to distract the baby. And no worries, her baby is so so good, he is a really good napper. Yeah, 1 month old, I think that is all most babies do then. OF course if she had gotten a colicky baby (God bless those moms), no worries.... she has a 24 hour baby nurse anyway. She was also kind enough to share with everyone that she scheduled a c-section at 37 weeks because she was afraid of vaginal tears. Really, did we need to know this? Well, you ALL know this now. I've heard that c-sections have zero risks associated with them, so clearly the best choice. Keely, any comments on that?? ha
Also, inspired by Keely I am attempting to not feed Patrick every time he wimpers at night so last night I told Sean to go in and get him, as he was still up playing on the computer anyway. So his solution was the exersaucer. Yep, Patrick had a grand old time playing in the middle of the night until he just leaned over and fell back asleep.
Tonight is our usual date night and Sean said he has been invited to some drug rep dinners lately but due to the rules now you can't bring a spouse unless they are medical too. Plus, he has no interest in listening to drug reps and if he wants to hang with his work buddies, well he can do it for $2.25 down in the cafeteria at lunch time. Anyway, he heard that they are going to be doing the drug rep dinner at our usual Thursday night spot so this will be interesting. Well worth the money to not have to talk about all the usual "hate on the hospital" topics that come up anytime a group of them get together. And I don't have to admit that I have a medical background in transcription, ha ha. Oh those 1st jobs out of college....
2 comments:
Having read the same article, I was also annoyed by her. My favorite comment was that they were "fun" parents who had penis shaped balloons at the bris. What a lucky baby.
Yessss! Mom jeans are da'bomb!
Poor Patrick. Sean & Pete must have read the same Dad manual...I'm pretty sure he did that with Ben a few times...
Post a Comment