Thursday, February 28, 2008

Vegas, Daddy, Vegas

Well, the biggest gamble of Sean's trip has paid off... his car made it to the airport without shaking to pieces. Now he can relax until Sunday when he has to get it back here in one piece. He fears I am going to be bashing him on the blog but really, I am happy he's going to see his good friends from residency, especially as these are the guys who got him into his moonlighting group. Ah, it pays to be nice to the people you work with. There are always a few who only look out for themselves and don't care who they screw over. Well, they don't get invited to join. It's the best job you can get where you can work in sweats in the comfort of your home. Except for being a stay-home mom of course, which pays slightly less. ha

Anyway, don't feel sorry for me as it's only 4 days, not the 6 months that we will eventually face. I don't think we can get out of Iraq quickly enough to avoid a deployment, but we still cross our fingers (and plan medical profiles that will make him undeployable, haha, just kidding.... if I run Sean's foot over with the van it is totally an accident).

Oh, and I will be spending the next 4 days figuring out what gear I need for the photography class I am taking with the Jen's. I've always wanted to do this and perhaps now I will have the poker winnings to do it right!

No comments: