Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Snow Day

Why of course we have a snow day on the one day we were planning to drive to the Great Wolf Lodge. Still hoping the roads clear sometime today, if not at least by tomorrow morning. In the meantime I will be keeping the girls happy with a steady stream of M&M's. Another bad thing about the snow day is that we had just extended the school day by 12 minutes to make up for the days off during the ice storm, so I am wondering what they will do now. I can't keep adjusting my mental clock for pick up times. It took me a month to figure it all out last fall, I would set timers to remind me to leave the house. Now they change it on me (and rob me of 5 very very valuable minutes of yelling in the morning). Now will they change it again?? Or just make the kids go extra days in the summer? Fascinating stuff, I know.

Aunt Maureen is coming to stay with us for a few days to help Jay settle into his apartment here, so I have been cleaning so she won't trip down the stairs, etc. I found a lot of interesting stuff in the girls' bedroom, including Sean's Minnesota medical license paperwork in Anna's nightstand drawer. Well, at least she recognized that it was important enough to put in her secret drawer and not to be colored on. I'm not sure where the old chocolate Santa was hiding but the girls had that for breakfast. Of course they hated the Barefoot Contessa blueberry muffins I made... not sure why I bother except I do love to eat.

Well, I know they will never plow our street, but I need to go check and see how they're doing on the highways. Wish us luck! The hotel is already paid for!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you can't leave town. I need your posts to keep me busy while I bore myself in the hospital!
Salmans

Unknown said...

Hey jen, check out Grandma Marjie's blog, she is hilarious too! I love her already. Have a safe trip fam!