Between feeling behind the times in what kids should hand out for Valentine's Day at school, and then dealing with the mess that comes home in their bags, I'm not so much a fan of that holiday anymore. Jen P was representin' with her adorable bag toppers, thankfully no one in the girls' classes had moms that creative. The crazy kid in Megan's class was apparently trying to make up for all the problems he causes by sending in big bags of candy and BRATZ tattoos. So of course I immediately tramp stamped up my 6 year old. Oh and those sugar dipper candy things, right in the trash.... I mean, candy is one thing, colored sugar is another... why don't we just let them snort that? I sent in little tubs of playdough for each kid, figured at least it wasn't candy, but I'm sure I'm being cursed by at least one mom who is trying to get it out of her couch right now.
Speaking of couch, Anna decided to pee on mine the other day, hence the title of this post. Usually she just pees on the bathroom floor, sometimes waits too long and then still needs to strip down, always a bad scenario. No idea what got into her the other day but gave me the chance to follow through on the ultimate threat that we have been using for months now. Yes, ducky got snipped. Her most favorite itchy duck blanket is now missing a strip. I know it's cruel but more effective than spanking. Now she is constantly reminded of how naughty she was and now she knows that once in a while we actually do follow through. Sean has assured me that there is no medical problem behind her behavior, she really just hates taking a break to go potty. I haven't told her yet that the reason we don't have cats anymore is because they kept peeing on my carpet....
Like most people, I'm not a fan of the smell of pee permeating (I can't get spell check to work, I know that doesn't look right) my house, let alone coming from the couch I spend the most time on. Turns out that the Sunbrella fabric I used really does repel liquids and also washes up quite nicely. Finally had no choice but to see how that would go, so I stripped down the cushions and threw the covers in the washer. Looks even better now, I think they were a bit dingy from a year of feet on the couch. I fear some did soak down into the base of the couch so anyone who comes over, please don't smell too low to the ground in the living room. Just take the glass of wine I'm handing you and we'll go in the other room...
2 comments:
julie...you are hilarious! this reminds me of when bridget and i still not only shared a room, but also a bed. The worst feeling in the world in waking up in a pool of pee, and not know if it was you who wet the bed! Of course we were also afraid of vampires, so there was no way in hell we were getting out of the bed without some protection. We would count to 3 and in unison yell "DAAAAD"!! Eventually he showed up, to not only protect us from the vampires under the bed, but to also strip the sheets and provide back up blankets. I'm sure he thought about leaving us there all night to teach us a lesson, but thankfully never did.
--Caroline
You are REALLY starting to give me nightmares on potty training Ben...we do have his "kiki" that we can commit devious acts to, though...
Post a Comment