Saturday, February 2, 2008

Get Your Nomination Forms Ready!

I know, I know, you've all been trying to hone your essays on why I should be Mother of the Year, so let me help you out with some recent material. Patrick has been rather fussy lately, I figure it's just the months and months of teething before an actual tooth breaks through so if he won't calm down at night after I've tried everything else we just top him off with a dose of Tylenol. Well, let me tell you what Tylenol doesn't fix: a messy diaper. I guess I have a bit of a cold and didn't notice he was so stinky and didn't realize that was the problem.... poor 3rd child.

I also call him "baby girl" sometimes, which is a step beyond messing up the kid's names like so many of us do. (George Foreman was on to something when he named all his kids George). At least I have resisted the urge to dress Patrick in some of the cute girl clothes I bought before we knew he was a boy. My grandma didn't succeed in that department. As my dad was her 3rd boy she finally gave up and just dressed him in dresses. Oh and not just as an infant, we have home movies showing him in a dress throwing rocks at birds.

In other nomination news, Megan had a sock hop for Daisy scouts last night with Sean. Her scout leader (who is also her CCD teacher, clearly someone you might actually nominate) told me a lot of the girls wear poodle skirts to the dance. She had me at "it's really easy" and lost me with "first you get out your sewing machine". Sorry but really easy is ordering online from a place that already has my login info so I can get it done in about 3 clicks and a knock on my door from my trusty UPS man. How I love my men in brown uniforms.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Funny, I though I was the only mom that gave my child Tylenol for anything...kind of like the Dad on My Big, Fat Greeek wedding with his vinegar.
How to soothe a fussy 3rd child...
Fed, check. Tylenol, check. Anbesol, check. Dry Diaper, check (keep this in mind)
Solution: Swaddle him (even though he's 5mos)- not sure if he passes out because he's tired, or it's cutting off his oxygen...