Monday, January 11, 2010

8 Years



Happy birthday to Megan yesterday! That's right, I can't even get a birthday post up on time for her, all part of the joy of having a birthday so soon after Christmas. She didn't want a party this year, once again opting for a trip to the Great Wolf Lodge, something I offered up before I realized I have 4 kids now. Sean can handle the girls on the big kid stuff, but how in the world would I manage a teeny baby and a two year old? So who knows when or how that will happen, maybe Megan will forget. I know, only 11 days into the new year and I already have Mother of the Year award all wrapped up.

Speaking of wrapping, I also didn't think to wrap her presents until she asked to open them, whoops. And what wonderful presents they were! Why, it's all the presents I ordered for Christmas that didn't come until after Christmas. Presto, now they are birthday presents! She was thrilled though and I later took her to get some jeans that aren't 4 inches too short and acted like that was another present. Hey, you have to keep expectations low. Her husband will thank me one day.

Patrick finally got to sing Happy to You on someone's birthday and he did it all day long. You can see him leading the others in song in this photo of him. Quite a versatile song which I guess explains why he is still singing it today.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I love the photo of Patrick, or is it Maestro? Need video. Megan and Anna look so cute and grown up.

H said...

Happy Birthday a day late Megan! I can't believe you are 8 years old:)

Unbelievable really Julie...8? Our babies are getting big.

Patrick is hilarious in the picture, quite the ham it appears?

Marjie said...

Anna and Megan have such nice teeth!