Saturday, January 16, 2010

Let's Jinx It!

Emily has only woken up once each of the past 3 nights! This combined with the return of most favored babysitters has been much appreciated. We even had our old sitter call yesterday to say she is in town and wondered if we wanted to go out Saturday night. Was that a rhetorical question?

I also found time to order the clothes we need for some events in February. We'd never have time to actually get to KC to buy them in person so hopefully everything fits. Sean is looking forward to saying "suit up" for once, in tribute to one of our favorite shows, HIMYM. And right on schedule, Discover just called me (twice, I hung up on my cell phone because it was 1-888, so then they tried the home phone, whoops) to confirm the purchases. Yes, whenever charges show up that aren't from Target or Wendy's they get suspicious.

Well, Sean is working the good shift until 2pm so I need to work on the volume level around here. I have suggested moving the office to the storage room (after some drywall perhaps) as it is quieter and cooler, which would also be helpful in the warmer months as those monster computers throw some heat, but Sean is reluctant. Reluctant to haul all the crap out of the storage room that is. We either need a truck to dispose of all the old furniture or we need to find a good weekend to have that faux garage sale. It is my plan to just put all our junk in the driveway, advertise it as a garage sale, and then just put a free sign out and leave for the day. Surely someone will fall for it. I do miss San Antonio in this regard as junk dealers from the south side would just troll our neighborhood the night before garbage day and pick up stuff. I also miss the cheap day laborers... I could get that storage room finished out for about $750, plus tacos. Oh, I'm kidding about the tacos, I usually ordered them pizza.

If anyone was actually interested in hearing what Sean does when he works from home I would post a link to the radiology nerds website where they have some of Sean's cases as "vid-ray of the week". There is some new technology that they are using (wait, did everyone fall asleep just then?) where it is like a video of Sean moving the cursor around the study and talking about what he thinks the problem is. Fascinating stuff to about 0.01% of the population and funny to me as you can hear the kids in the background (and me yelling, "for the last time, if you are going to be loud up here, make hospital noises!"). I don't think you usually hear people fighting over which episode of Arthur to watch at a hospital...

2 comments:

Marjie said...

Yes, yes, I want to see the nerd video.

Stephanie said...

A nice silk suit pajama set seems in order here, then Sean can 'suit up' every night! Suit up for working in the den, and comfy too.