It is a "light caffeine" day here according to some new tea I just got. Apparently green tea is light caffeine, is that like light beer? God, I hope it doesn't taste as bad as light beer. I am throwing up just a little thinking of the smell... any beer smell really, including, or rather especially, beer breath of nearby people. This ties in with how I am having college flashbacks this morning thanks to the Glee soundtrack, which I might add is the oddest collection of songs. We were listening to it on the way to church yesterday (to drown out the complaints) and I don't know which was more inappropriate, I Wanna Sex You Up or Gold Digger? Well, I guess it depends on who is doing the homily. Was glad to find out we weren't the only ones who tossed the survey wanting to know which percentage of our income we were giving to the church and then how much that would work out to in a dollar amount. Hmm, does God know Sean moonlights? Somehow we made it into the Bishop's Circle according to a letter we just got, not sure what that means... maybe the Bishop knows about the moonlighting? I sure hope he doesn't know about this blog.
Anyway, the kids are still working the shift system here. As soon as the older ones finally, finally, FINALLY, get in bed then Emily wakes up and kicks off her party. She knows how to get attention around here and maybe if I was on full speed caffeine I could last until 2am, but instead I am just up and down with her the entire night. Sean needs to learn how to wear the sling so she can be wingman while he moonlights at least. So I am pretty sure I will be sporting some gray highlights soon (or if I am already, many thanks for not pointing it out). Somehow Sean continues to not age (working in a job that doesn't allow access to natural sunlight may help there) so I am going to have to put his gray highlights in while he sleeps because it simply is not acceptable for him to continue to get carded if he wants a drink at dinner.
Light caffeine is kicking in and hopefully it is the right amount... to get me through the morning but then to let me nap in the afternoon if the opportunity arises. Yes, so if anyone wonders how I manage to get it all done without real caffeine, let me assure you it is NOT getting all done. Let's just say my favorite quote from Glee is "my family is fully committed to take-out". Fortunately I have nausea memories that are linked to all the restaurants in town from the months of not cooking while sick and pregnant, so I can't eat much of it. Very fortunate because I certainly am not exercising. Umm, it's too cold? At least I can burn calories sitting on the couch feeding a baby, or even more if I walk around feeding the baby, making sure that Patrick isn't putting "daddy tools" into electrical outlets.... As always, the day is a success if the children have survived. In a few years I will resume my former standards... if there are no toys in the freezer and no snack bowls in the bathroom. I am too tired to make this stuff up...
No comments:
Post a Comment