Friday, January 8, 2010

Management Material

I joke about my four bosses but one of them is definitely cut out for a managerial position. Whenever I go to change Emily's diaper I have to sneak off now or Patrick will come micro-manage me. He has to have final say as to which diaper I use (they have Sesame Street characters on them). This was the exchange this morning:
Patrick (running into the room and catching me about to change Emily): NOOOOOOOOO!
Me: Patrick, I have to change her.
Patrick (whipping the clean diaper out from under Emily): ELMO!
Me: (one step ahead of him) It IS Elmo, Patrick.
Patrick: NOOOOOO, COOKIE MONSTER!!
Me: (2 steps ahead of him) Here is Cookie Monster (my back up diaper which I then put under her).
Patrick: NOOOOOOOOO, ELMO!!!

Okay boss, whatever you say, I will bow to your every whim on non-essential matters.... Ah, better up the monthly contributions to his college fund, this one needs an MBA.

No comments: