Thursday, January 7, 2010

Lessons on a Snow Day


1. No matter how tired Sean is, he still won't fall for the old "it's take your son to work day" plan.

2. Everyone knows that the Schwans man doesn't deliver milk, but he also won't make a special run to get you wine, no matter how much you say you will tip him.

3. I think my black tea is defective as I still have no energy. I saved it for dire situations and it let me down. I hate you, black tea.

4. The snow boy keeps forgetting to shovel a path to my hot tub and I don't have boots high enough to make it out there through the drifts without getting frost bite on my knees. After waiting 10 months to use it, the arctic blast is pissing me off.

5. I am certain that Sean is glad he's not a teacher. Parting words as he ran out the door this morning, "sorry, no snow days at the hospital, suckers!" Who cares if the patients won't make it in... army fire wall doesn't keep out espn.com or my blog. Come. Home. Early. With. Wine. I'll let you nap with the baby on the couch.

7 comments:

Katie said...

I have some awesome chocolate peppermint coffee with actual chocolate that you can mix in after it's brewed - that might work! Any high school kids you could hire for the afternoon to entertain them while you nap with the baby?

Caroline Taylor said...

You are hilarious! Might be time to switch to good old coffee or do the "dew":) Although, even coffee isn't working for me today...I feel like I have mono I'm so tired!

julie said...

Caroline, check the batteries on the carbon monoxide detector. I hate to cash in my coffee card too early in life, then there is no place to go except crack. And I am too cheap to buy crack.
I have sent the bigs to their rooms for punching (such sweet darling girls I have) and the littles are gearing up for nap time. I hope.

VAMOM said...

and I thought I was having a tough day, but after reading this I'm just grateful for a couple of beers in the fridge
FIL,

H said...

I hate to have to break it to you but you are not far too young for coffee. I really think it's time you stepped it up. Yummmm, that delicious smell waiting for you all brewed up and ready when you awake...mix in a little cream, probably sugar for you too since you are a novice, bring it to the computer and enjoy. You will not regret it. You will love the energy surge provided and will be thanking me.

Peer pressure...I promise I won't push the crack on you. I've been on good coffee for fourteen years or so and it's still working it's magic. Just do it. You know you want to.

Carrie (and Kevin!) Finnegan said...

Step 1 - Load the kiddies in the car.
Step 2 - Turn on a DVD - I hope you have one in your vehicle.
Step 3 - Hit the coffee house drive thru and order a BIG Cafe Mocha
Step 4 - Drive around town enjoying your coffee and silence.
Step 5 - Return Home, Refreshed.

Marjie said...

The experts keep saying that coffee is good for you. It could be your ace in the hole for "special" days. Especially with chocolate in it! I used coke, the cola coke. That is a bad idea.